Sunday, May 17, 2009

oh THAT's what I wanted to hear!

I was invited to a Bible Study Friday. What a treasure! This group was started over 30 years ago as a mens group. Now everyone is welcome, but I love being around the wise elderly people. They meet at a local coffee house called "The He-brew."
One of the younger men makes lunch for everyone for $5.

So, we were talking about how we came to know the Lord and get Baptized in the Holy Spirit. My friend Darlenna said something about me being Jewish and I told the story about the kid at the grocery store... The guy that makes lunch said, "I guess it's 'cause now you've got the whole Grandma thing going on."

I smiled at him but I was crying inside... in fact, my bottom lip is still sticking out...

1 comment:

Winter said...

I found your blog from the Digiments Challenge Contest, but I don't see a entry. I started reading some of your posts, and read the one about watching Joyce Meyers, you said you called the church and was baptised, you do mean a Christian church right? I know that might be a weird question, but if this is the case, PRAISE GOD! I had chills reading your post! May God bless you and your family! :)